Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I split up with my boyfriend 3 months ago, we have a joint

Good morning
I split up with my boyfriend 3 months ago, we have a joint holiday booked for the 6th October for which we both paid 1/2. Being very naive after we had had no contact in over 2 moths I changed the booking details to take a friend along instead, I hasten to add that this cost me and additional £50 and I have not taken any money from the 3rd party as they do not have that type of money to spare. Now three months after our separation my ex partner is now demanding a full payment of his half £433 which I do not have to give. Either that or he expects to still take the holiday with myself, which I am not at all comfortable with. I have offered to transfer the holiday back into his name if he is willing to compensate me with half of the cost of the holiday as this is what the holiday company would have offered if we had cancelled at the time of or break up. If I He is now threatening to take me to court if I do not either pay in full or return the complete booking to him within 7 days please advise wher I stand ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Were you going to give a free holiday to your friend or were they going to pay for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my friend is not paying for the holiday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only gifted this holiday to her as I thought after no contact in three months my ex would not be expecting to still go on the holiday
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

It is bad news I am afraid - the ex is entitled to the money back. Your friend is benefiting from the holiday. Unless your ex agreed that you could use it then you are liable to return his share.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you that is all I needed to know
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!