Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My company recently signed a contract as a main contractor

My company recently signed a contract as a main contractor on a construction job, it has since been found that a portion of money was not carried over to the final contract sum as that particular cell in the spread sheet did not carry over, please advise if we are entitled to claim that money from the client or if there is anything we can do about it
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Its just an error, is that what you are saying?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it was an error in the calculation of the contract sum, however the contract has already been signed

Ok - if its an error clearly it was meant to be included. Its just a calculation error.

So yes you are entitled to claim that money from the client.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, that is all thank you very muchhave a good day

All the best