Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If a landlord states the property comes with the right to

If a landlord states the property comes with the right to park one vehicle is that the same meaning as the property has one 'allocated' parking space?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does it say 'allocated' or you have use of a parking space? There is a difference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed a tenancy agreement where it says I have one allocated parking spot and the landlords deed shows it's actually a right to park one vehicle
Is the contract valid? Or invalid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to respond please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay but I can not type as fast as you may wish me to do so.

Your agreement with the Landlord stands. They must provide you with with an allocated parking space. They must do this otherwise they are in breach of contract. However the Landlord must provide you with one spot. You can not have multiple spots.

If there is a discrepancy with the parking this does not make the whole contract invalid. Whether you are given an allocated or unallocated space in reality makes no difference.

But the Landlord must honour the agreement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay so just to confirm. I signed a tenancy agreement on Sunday for a new lease where it says I have one allocated parking space. I later found out that there are more residents at the apartment than parking spaces so I challenged the landlord to clarify this. The landlord showed me the deed to the proper which states the resident at his apartment has the right to park one vehicle. I am not comfortable progressing my contract with the landlord because I do not believe right to park and allocated parking mean the same
Can I invalidate the lease contract?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you elbowing your answer please it is very important that o communicate this to the landlord
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant elaborate
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

It was a term of the contract. You are not offered it. Therefore the Landlord is in breach of contract.

You can end the contract for breach

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay great thank you for excellent service
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie - Law. could you please reiterate your answer in one complete letter to me using this portal please. I want to forward it to the landlord so he can stop harassing me with this topic...
thanks in advance
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

The Landlord is in breach of contract as they can NOT provide you with allocated parking.
This was a term of the contract and therefore as this can be be provided the Landlord is in breach.

As such you can end the contract as the Landlord is in breach

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Jamie- Law, the landlord is still emailing me about this issue and its beginning to feel like harassment. Can you please look at their proof of parking from the deed- refer to pdf attachment page 12 section 9. and please also refer to the contract I signed. I do not want to move into the property because they misinformed me about parking and I have a large Volvo and I stressed to them from the start that I needed an allocated parking spot and this was promised to me. The deed on page 12 section 9 states there is a 'right t park one vehicle' and their contract states I have one allocated parking spot.
Can you please send me a complete account of m rights here so I can send it to them also. So they can stop harassing me.
Best regards
Anika
PS I will rate you shortly.