12826847

We have a tenant on an Fixed term AST contract. We do not

Customer Question

We have a tenant on an Fixed term AST contract. We do not want to renew it. It terminates in 2 months and 2 days
Can I tell him that by email or must I try and get a letter to him by first class mail?
Thank you for your answer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is always better to terminate by post which is sent recorded delivery. That has stood the test of caselaw.

However, you are free to follow up with an email with the same information. I would suggest that because you can prove what was sent and when.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If the letter doesn't get there or not in time then you can rely on the email.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer actually wasn't spot on. First class delivery by post should have been the answer. I really do not think that I should be charged as much as I was charged 57€. Far too much! Sorry! I am willing to pay 20€. Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

That was the answer. See above.

All the best.