Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I bought some wine as an investment, then realised some time

Hi, good afternoon
I bought some wine as an investment, then realised some time later that i had never actually received the wine . i brought this to the attention of the brokers who said that it had happened in the past but that i would get it. Its now been going on for nearly nine months. i have requested that they just give me a full refund, but they seem to insist on wine but as of yet i.ve had nothing.
Can you tell me if it is my choice to have money back?
And is this an open/shut case in my favour?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you owed please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just under £5000.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Thank you, ***** ***** very straightforward, thanks.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!