31090051

Following the Refusal decision of Planning Application by a

Following the Refusal decision of Planning Application by a County Council it has put in the public domain, a libel [a lie] against me in a letter written by an Objector to the County Council, as part of the Council's Planning Committee's Minutes. The libel was deliberate, not a mis-understanding.
Do I have any legal rights in such a case please ?
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

You can sue the person who committed the libel and also you can sue the council for repeating it. Defamation and libel are quite specialist areas of law and you should instruct a solicitor to deal with this who knows about this type of legal work. Average costs would be £200 per hour plus VAT. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.