Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

We have just dealt with monster rewards credits and have

We have just dealt with monster rewards credits and have been told the same thing. We were totally unaware of the issues. We have paid £2.800 deposit and due another £4.850 in 10 days time. The contract states a 14 day cooling off period. We are now extremely worried. We are in the process of sending recorded delivery cancellation forms, but can you please advise us what to do
Expert:  Alex J. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. If you have a cooling off period and have sent the notice then you have nothing to be concerned. I would send the notice by first class post as well so they cannot reject delivery. Did you pay by credit card? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we paid by credit card and contacted the credit card company who informed us the money had been requested off the card and we were unable to block it, but to contact them again once the money had left the account up to a fortnight. But our concern is they told us and it is written in the contract that it is under UK law, but we have noticed there Head office is in Tenerife and the cancelation address is also in Tenerife. We are planning to record delivery letter to Tenerife and sub offices throughout England also. We have just managed to speak to some-one in the Bournmouth office who advice E-mailing Tenerife office and I will attach cancellatiion letter.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. If you paid by credit card you have nothing to worry about if they refuse to honour your cooling off period. Your credit will protect this payment under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act. If they refuse to refund you despite you exercising a cooling off period (which you have a contractual right to seemingly), then you can claim the money back from your credit card company. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thankyou for your valuable advice. We feel much more hopeful about receiving our money back and ending sleepless nights with worry. Our main concern was the address being in Tenerife and therefore not being covered by UK Law.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Thank you. The main point here is (i) you have a contractual right to a cooling off period), if they ignore that they will be in breach of contract (ii) An English Credit Card is required by law to afford you the protection of S.75 refunds regardless of where the other party is. If the other party acts in breach of your contract then you are protected by S.75. Kind regards AJ

Alex J., Solicitor
Experience: Solicitors 2 years plus PQE