Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I run a professional cheerleading team. I had a kit designed

I run a professional cheerleading team. I had a kit designed for an event and that same company was going to have that kit made and get it sent to me before the event happened. I didn't receive the kit, and still to this day I have not received it. I have asked on numerous occasions for evidence that this was even made or sent which they have failed to give to me. Because I did not get the kit the client cancelled the event and due to paying the cheerleaders, purchasing train tickets etc I am out of pocket. Do I have any legal right to claim costs from the company that was to make and deliver the kit?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is your loss please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My loss is £1500 on earnings from the cheerleaders - £319 on train tickets and the cost of driving around trying to sort out another kit before the event that we were not able to do £20I have also potential earnings for following events

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do have a legal standing to claim a refund? If yes then no I have no further questions. Thank you.

Yes I think you have a claim.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!