12826847

Purchased a car from private seller and 12hrs after noticed

Customer Question

hello,
purchased a car from private seller and 12hrs after noticed a fault and also didnt match with seller description. what should i do. seller refused to take the car back. do i have any right?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How much did you pay?

What was the misdescription?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i paid £6680 by bank transfer
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What was the misdescription?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seller says car in good condition inside and outside. also mentioned that read dvd system and i notice after that read dvd system was not connect so its not working. head light faulty and say it's only light to change. i went to garage noticed that its electric fault
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please can i have a phone number
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I've made an offer but we can do this online for no extra cost if you would prefer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please what's my right in regard to this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send answer online about my right
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So, in short, the faults are that the CD doesnt connect and there is a need for a light change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
read dvd system is not connected, massive noise under armsrest while driving over 60mph. electric fault on headlight.. all this after 12hrs of purchased the car.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
answer please
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What is the cause of the noise?

So far you are not really describing claimable faults but that might get over the hurdle.