12826847

My wife has been working for a company called life tree

Customer Question

My wife has been working for a company called life tree world, every month they have a prize draw at there conference, the T&Cs stated that you have to be an active agent to enter the draw which my wife was, in the July draw she was lucky enough to win the first prize which was a car.
She was due to receive the car at the next event in August she attended the event and was presented with a key in front of everyone, then later told the car was not available yet, since then they have given various excuses as to why the car had not arrived.
She has now been told the car is ready and she must attend the October event to receive it, but they have now drawn up a new contract which states she must remain an active member of the company for 12 months an bring the car to every monthly event for 3 years, she must sign this or she cannot have the car.
This contract did not exist when she won the car.
Can they do this and should she sign.
Mr Philip ********
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Did the original terms state that these terms could be changed at any time?