12826847

My husband has Bipolar (hypermania). He has been unwell

Customer Question

My husband has Bipolar (hypermania). He has been unwell since 9 July 2016. With the hospital's failure to monitor and medicate him, his condition got worse on 4 September and he assaulted me. As I was repeatedly punched on my skull I feared for my life and called 999. My husband was arrested and charged with common assault. I had bruises which cleared off within 48 hours. My husband has been remanded since 6 September and the courts are strict with giving him bail. His court case is on 24 October. I understand the maximum sentence is 6 months. What if the incident of 4 September was a mitigating circumstances, can my husband be released, as he was unwell?
As i will be under oath, I can't dress things up and the truth is he was unwell. I had the choice of leaving the house but i chose to be there.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Have you called the police before?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Never, b/c of my husband's mental condition, the police have always come home with the ambulance and psychiatrists to assess and section him.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

But then surely they have been called?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What I mean, Jo, is that the police have never been called b/c he's assaulted me. This is the first time.And yes, the police have always been in the picture when he's unwell and needs admission.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

How many times have you summonsed them roughly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2007 - they were called once
2011 - they were called once
2016 - thrice (My husband called them twice asking them to arrest me as I was trying to admit to hospital for no reason and once by me, when I got assaulted).In total 5 times
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Ok. What did you allege on this occasion?

What is said to have happened?