Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I have recently had hard flooring installed too 2 No large

Customer Question

I have recently had hard wood flooring installed too 2 No large rooms
and 1 No Hallway by a reputible Company,but almost immediately it was like
walking on "Broken Eggshells" which is obviously annoying but also
when company comes round asking the continuous question" whats up with your floor"
Please advise'
Regards Jeff
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello Jeff my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you saying the floor is defective? Have you had a second opinion?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
At the present time the installer has sent the supplier relevant answers to a questionaire regarding the
problems that we are experiencing.Nothing has been heard,this is about 2 weeks now.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

What is the cost of product or repairing it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
163; 2000, repair is not an option.cion
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.