Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If I have been in an RTA, which is the 3rd parties fault

If I have been in an RTA, which is the 3rd parties fault (accepted liability). I'm part way through a claim for a severe ankle injury caused due to accident. I have found I may not have an in date CBT certificate technically voiding my insurance. Will I still be able to claim a personal injury?? I await your response thanks.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

When you say CBT, what is that please?
Is it a term of your insurance that you have one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you need one to have insurance. A CBT is a Compulsory Bike Training certificate it's 1 day course which allows you to ride a 125cc motorbike on L plates. it expires every 2 years and needs to be renewed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Its for a bike, I see.

Has anyone asked for it yet? Do you have it now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea it's a bike. No I do not have a certificate and my insurance has asked for a copy which I can't produce to finalise the payout for my motorbike which is a Wright off.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. But could you get one now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No because they are dated and I did not have one covering me at the time of the accident which I did not realise until the process of claiming started and I got asked to produce it.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. It may affect your payout for the bike, but not for the personal injury claim.

The third party has admitted liability which means they were negligent.

As such you have a valid Personal Injury claim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to clarify insurance bike claim may be affected which I expected but the personal injury claim will not be affected and I will 100% be able to proceed and claim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I be liable to fines perlite points or even a driving ban for not having complete insurance?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is correct

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yer that is great thanks for the advice.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!