12826847

I got a speeding ticket whilst away on holiday and did not

Customer Question

hi
I got a speeding ticket whilst away on holiday and did not open it until I got back, I pleaded guilty and to my amazement got six points and £600 fine (35mph in a 30 zone).
£500 of it for not supplying my name in time even though I told the magistrate I was in Bulgaria. I wrote and complained that this was unfair and she wrote back to say I was in danger of of the perjury act with 5 years in jail! This is outrageous to to be threatened by a magistrate for telling the truth. I pleaded guilty to the speeding bur no way am I pleading guilty to not supplying my name when I was not in the country. Although I have not told my employer, it says in my contract I can have no more than six, Please can you help?
Peter in York
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Peter my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you get an original notice of intended prosecution please?