Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a taxi driver and I had a customer who went to

Hello sir/madam, I am a taxi driver and I had a customer who went to somewhere and then came back, after that the police came to me asking question about where we went, how long we stayed there and if I have his number, I told them where we went but didn't give them the postcode or the accurate address because I didn't want trouble, and then they asked for the guys number, but I didn't have it because I cleared my phone long time before, they approached me today, that it seemed a bit strange I don't give them the postcode and the number and they said they are going to knick me for conspiracy... However I don't know that guy or what he does... And then they said they will be in touch with me in a few days again, and if I pick him up, call them. I said that I won't pick him up again because if his doing something doggie I don't want to get involved withe nobody.( police or the guy) my question is can they arrest me for that or? And the next time police contact me, what should I do?? Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume you didnt do anything wrong?!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jamie, i didnt do anything wrong. i don`t know that guy, he called me asked for a taxi from a to b and then back, and that`s it... and then when i got back the police came to me, to ask me about that guy like i said in my original question, i said to them how much he paid and where we went, but not the correct address as i dont want problem from that guy if his doing something dogie, then they asked me if i know what he`s doing and i said no.... but they said that because i didn`t give them the phone number or the postcode they might knick me for conspiracy... But what conspiracy if i dont know what the guy is doing or who he is. But in the same time i dont want do give them the correct address where we went, because i dont want trouble, although i said in which town we went, how much we stayed there and how much he paid me...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then you don't need to worry. You may just need t give a statement about where you were, how long and why.

But it should not concern you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i didn`t told them exactly where we went, can they do something? or...?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You could be prosecuted for not providing full information. That is possible.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, why can I be prosecuted for not providing full information, if he didn't take any statement from me, or he didn't take me to the police station for questioning, he just pulled over next to my taxi and asked me about this guy...
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes you could be prosecuted. But I am sure that probably won't happen.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but no, do i have to give a statement or tell something about this guy or where we went if I don't want to, as I don't want to get in trouble?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

correct. Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Great.