Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am holding an event in a field I own alongside my house on

Customer Question

I am holding an event in a field I own alongside my house on Sunday 25th Sept to raise money for a Charity . About 175 people have bought tickets for the Luncheon , and entry will be by ticket only(I know personally over 75% of the people attending) . The ticket price covers a two course sit down meal , and there will be some entertainment( a trio of tenors will sing some melodies . I intended to sell alcohol from a bar but have forgotten to apply for a Licence ; how can I get over the matter as it is 1047pm on the 21st Sept ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there any reason for the delay in response ?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 11 months ago.

You will need a licence. You should contact the local authority licensing department to enquire about the possibility of an expedited licence.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If an expedited Licence is not possible can I not charge for the alcohol , but give it upon request inviting a donation ( clearly stated to be not obligatory ) of eg £15 per bottle of wine or £2.50 per bottle of beer ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have informally checked and an expedited Licence is not possible . will the above work ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Understood re a phone call. As I now know ( having spoken this morning informally to the Local Authority ) that an expedited Licence is not possible(there is less than 5 days to the event), will the suggestion above work ? ie can I not charge for alcohol , but give it upon request inviting a donation ( clearly stated to be not obligatory) of eg £15 for a bottle of wine or £2.50 for a bottle of beer ?

I cannot answer you subsequent question I am afraid. I will opt out to allow another expert to assist.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I assume the Council know about the event?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JamieYes ; you should assume they do . although my approach was informal - and I know the Council Officers will be as helpful as possible - both they have a job to do and I am fairly well known (to them and in the area)RegardsHopkinRegardsHopkin

Sure. Let me have a think then give you a call

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks . You have my number which is 07778 258444 . If you could please text me a few minutes before you ring . Regards ***** ***** . Hopkin
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JamieNot sure if my reply to the above from my mobile got through but please do give me a ring on 07778 258444 . If you can though (but it's not essential ) give me a few minutes warning by textRegardsHopkin
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's now 1511 and no call to me yet
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any response yet ?. Regards

Yes I have considered this now. When would be good to call?