12826847

If the police have perfectly good video evidence of a crime

if the police have perfectly good video evidence of a crime in a pharmacy. and the pharmacy has the name and address of the thief can the police obtain those details?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my boy had his phone stolen from a pharmacy. they have great video footage of the theif but police say they cant get his details from the chemist who know and recognise the thief
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

They can't force them to identify him.

Nobody can be forced to make a statement or give evidence in the UK.

I suppose they could seize their records but that still wouldn't identify this particular culprit without the identification evidence of the pharmacist.

If they refuse then they refuse I'm afraid. Some people will not support police actions.