Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Two questions: 1) I am importing sporting products from

Customer Question

Hi, Two questions:
1) I am importing sporting products from China and without divulging the products (lets just say its a cricket bat for arguments sake) or company name in question, I wish to engrave the bottom of these products with the following "MY COMPANY" "ENGLAND"
Obviously I cannot state "Made in" ie. "Made in england" because they are not - but my company is based here - Is there any reason why I cannot engrave "MY COMPANY" "ENGLAND"?
I just want to ensure that Im not misleading anyone and don't have any issues with trading standards ....
2) Is there any requirement for me to put "Made in wherever" on my "cricket bat" if Im importing - I seem to remember someone mentioning that I may need to state the country of manufacture if it was outside of the UK/EU?
If this is the case, how on earth would it fit with (1) aboveThank You for your assistanceKind Regards
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You can put 'Your company, England', that is fine, because it is true.

However you do need to put where it is made/assembled. So you will need to say somewhere made in China.

Nothing wrong with that, Disney do that on their products.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank You Jamie - thats great help

Happy to help. All the very best.