29905560

EE has registered a default payment against me although

EE has registered a default payment against me although there was confusion as to how I got the bill of a £30 during the renewal of a contract in 2014. I have three lines with the company which I sometimes pay them over £300.00 most months. I recently found out and complained to the CEO office, a gentleman called to inform me he will be looking into the case and get back to me in the morning, I found it strange because although I put my query in writing he refused to do that which I also found to be unprofessional. On the next day when he called he was very rude and even went on to say stuff like if you knew you did not owe that bill why did you pay for it? I tried to explain to him that the stress of the letters from Tmobile at the time was too much and that was the reason I paid. I asked him if they can take off the default from my credit profile with experian but, he was rude about the request and refused. Any advise because in the first instance I don't think I owe that money to EE and it's wrong for them to act that way.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

So to confirm, this relates to a £30 bill that you paid in 2014 on your credit report?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The amount resulted during a contract renewal in 2014. After their constant letter writing, I paid them the money although I know they were not right in charging me the funds.They I turn registered a default against my name with the credit reference agency experian.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They inturn

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Sorry just one more question - if you paid that money why was a default registered?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think they did that because the thought it wasn't paid within a specific time frame.If you are due to renew your contract, you are meant to pay all outstanding charges before you can renew the contract and get a new phone if you wish! that's what I did and that's why I wasn't sure where the later bill came from.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried to argue it and they were difficult in understanding. There was no clarity which resulted in the confusion. I later decided to pay it off for the sake of peace but, that's what I got in return

At first you should try and challenge this with Experian. You need to get a copy of your report from them and then fill in this online form:

https://www.creditreporthelp.experian.co.uk/statutorydisputes/

They will contact EE ask them to check the accuracy of the data they’ve recorded. In the meantime Experian will add a ‘Notice of Dispute’ to the entry, showing anyone looking at your report that the entry is being disputed.

If EE do not remove the default you can contact the Communications Ombudsman, the regulator who can look into this and force them to act in any way they are instructed.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have presently paid the £14.99 few days ago and have access to my report and I know this is the case (default), I ve also spoken to them but, they advise I should contact EE to instruct them to take it off.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you sent an email address I can forward the x2 letters I ve sent to the CEO offices of EE. I ve just sent the 2nd one this minute to still push for them to rectify the default registry.

Experian cannot take the default without EE's permission so if EE are refusing to do so, you may have to contact the Ombudsman for an impartial and binding decision

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your time, although I do know everything you have said so far...thank you.