Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

We have a family business, and some ex members of staff have

Customer Question

we have a family business, and some ex members of staff have got together, and have been leaving bad reviews on google etc, they are slander and there bringing our religion also into it, How can we get these bad reviews removed, as there having a big effect on our business, as soon as you type in our business on google, these bad slanderous reviews are there.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you prove they are false please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well there saying that we rip people off, and loose peoples items, and profit our own pockets etc, and slandering off our religion, I dont know how we could proof there false, not sure what to do. I mean how do you go on proving there wrong, when its just hear say, they have no evidence to the allegations they are slandering us about, but how to prove there wrong, im not sure how we could do that.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

Ok - you need to ask Google to remove it. You should write to their office in London.

Google UK Ltd
Belgrave House
76 Buckingham Palace Road
London SW1W 9TQ

If they refuse to move it you could seek an injunction. It will be hard as its your say so. But I would outline the process.

You would need to issue forms N208:

And N16a:

The Court would list the matter and decide whether to make an order for Google to remove it

If the Court does and they refuse this could be contempt of Court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thats great thank you, ***** ***** write to google, do they deal with websites that have left the feedbacks as well,
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

They only control their own listings. You would need to adopt the same process for each one such as Trip Advisor etc..

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i see, thank you, ***** ***** try get each firm to take the reviews off, otherwise take them to court, is that the correct process.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 month ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.