How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3592
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We have a family business, and some ex members of staff have

Customer Question

we have a family business, and some ex members of staff have got together, and have been leaving bad reviews on google etc, they are slander and there bringing our religion also into it, How can we get these bad reviews removed, as there having a big effect on our business, as soon as you type in our business on google, these bad slanderous reviews are there.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Can you prove they are false please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
well there saying that we rip people off, and loose peoples items, and profit our own pockets etc, and slandering off our religion, I dont know how we could proof there false, not sure what to do. I mean how do you go on proving there wrong, when its just hear say, they have no evidence to the allegations they are slandering us about, but how to prove there wrong, im not sure how we could do that.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Ok - you need to ask Google to remove it. You should write to their office in London.

Google UK Ltd
Belgrave House
76 Buckingham Palace Road
London SW1W 9TQ

If they refuse to move it you could seek an injunction. It will be hard as its your say so. But I would outline the process.

You would need to issue forms N208:

And N16a:

The Court would list the matter and decide whether to make an order for Google to remove it

If the Court does and they refuse this could be contempt of Court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thats great thank you, ***** ***** write to google, do they deal with websites that have left the feedbacks as well,
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

They only control their own listings. You would need to adopt the same process for each one such as Trip Advisor etc..

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i see, thank you, ***** ***** try get each firm to take the reviews off, otherwise take them to court, is that the correct process.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice