How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4026
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

What can I do about a neighbours bamboo invading adjoining

Resolved Question:

what can I do about a neighbours bamboo invading adjoining gardens. he has responded to polite requests.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Wont the neighbour do anything about it? If not, why not do you know?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He says he has health problems but he has not touched his garden for years, we have suggested a gardener but he just ignores us.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What can we do if he just ignores us,the bamboo will soon invade another two gardens. He seems to have lost interest in communicating with anyone and no-one can verify his health situation
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

You need to get a Solicitor to write and ask that he fixes it or say you will seek a Court or making him

If he refuses you have 2 options, do the work and seek a small claim for the cost.

Or seek a Court order making him do it.

If you are seeking a Court order making him then you need to complete forms N208:

And N16a:

The Court will list it and decide whether to make an order.

If you do the work and want to claim the money back you can do this online at:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you , we have threatened him with court before but maybe if we offer to do it for him we may get a better reaction.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

All the best