Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Is it normal to pay money into an escrow account to release

Is it normal to pay money into an escrow account to release funds held there back to me?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a forex trading account with a company called WP-Global.com, they use an escrow account to keep clients money safe and use a percentage each week to trade with, I've had the account since May, transferring money into the account as and when I could afford it, I transferred about £ 11000 into the account they traded with it and grew the account to £14982 but now they are going out of business they are asking me to deposit £3750 about 20% in order to release the £ 14982 back to me, my question is, is this normal or am I being taken for a ride How can I get my money back?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Is it into escrow themselves?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have sent me an account name Nembhard, sort code: 60-06-14 account no. 30137675 with reference Ray, I think that is nat west account so they probably use escrow accounts.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

that is not escrow, it's a normal account. Only use Escrow.com

Do not use anyone else. This sounds like a scam.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way I can get my money back?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.