LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

Under the influence of alcohol I very stupidly exposed

Under the influence of alcohol I very stupidly exposed myself to my 15 year old cousin in the dark, with no intent, just out of being stupid and drunk. Around a year has passed and at the same time my cousins parents have broke up, she's gone to the police about what happened as she needed to for fear of being turned away for therapy otherwise. What will happen and what charges will I face?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.

Have yiu been arraested yet

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

When did she go to the police and have you heard from them yet? How old are you?

This link will take you to the sentencing guidelines relevant o this. Go to page 129 of the guide.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Sexual-Offences-Definitive-Guideline-web3.pdf

Assuming there are no aggravating features and you have no previous convictions it seems that you are probably in category 3 or possibly 2 with one aggravating feature (the age of the girl) and a number of mitigating features.

A community order (eg unpaid work) is likely

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 24, I've not been arrested, never had any convictions. She's going to the police today apparently, I've heard nothing as of yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the likely course of action from now with her going to the police today?

The police will either call you and tell you they want to talk to you or come and arrest you, probably at home, probably in the morning.

There is a slim chance that the police will decide not take action, so it is not a good idea to call the police yourself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what happens if I'm arrested? The steps.Also, what would they want to talk about if they are to call and what would come of that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would I be looking at any prison sentencing for my stupidity?

If you look at the sentencing guideline above you will see that custody can be imposed for this offence but usually is not.

As far as the steps it will be arrest, several hours in detention, interview and then release on bail. The single most important thing is to have a solicitor when you are interviewed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** thing, can you list all possible outcomes regarding after bail?

police bail pending further investigation and a return to the police station later

bail after charge to a court date

No further action if insufficient evidence or not in the public interest to prosecute