Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have tryed to start my own bussines I bort a domain name

Hi I have tryed to start my own bussines I bort a domain name though godaddy and set about makeing myself a web site excited I copied a pic off goggle and put it on my web site which I had no idea about copyright or anything like this this pic I put on my web page is of a rear upvc door no writeing just a standard door I received a letter saying I was been sued for £879 for copy right was just wanting some advise as I have now closed the web site and deleted everything to do with the web site then today I was told that they should have asked me to remove the pic before I was sued just wondering if u could help in anyway at all thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you make any money off the web page please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing the web site was only running for around 2 mouth and not fully finished thanks the pic that he is sueing me for is of a standard door with no pic of him or any of his compony details on it thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then you dont need to worry. They are unlikely to take you to Court because of the cost to them as it cant be recovered.

It would be a small claim. If you didnt make any money from it and the website is down, then nothing is likely to happen.

The letter is just to scare you, I would just ignore it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for that it's grate thanks agen
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!