Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My ex girlfriend and I broke up a week before we were ment

Hello.
My ex girlfriend and I broke up a week before we were ment to go on holidays. I paid for the holiday on my card and she gave me her part in cash. Since breaking up she wants her money back or is taking legal action.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

She cant have her money back - she has simply changed her mind.

You are the lead holiday name and made the booking, but also on her behalf.

As such she is not entitled to a refund, unless you get one from the holiday company

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
One important thing I want to clarify the only reason she is doing this is because I broke it off with her, she did something to me and I broke up with her, this is why she wants her money back.I am glad I do not have to give anything back. What do I do if I receive a letter from her lawyer or have to go to court?Kind Regards.

Sure. You do not need to give it her back

If you get a letter from the Solicitor you say just that, she is not entitled to it back because you dont get anything back from holiday company

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
perfect thanks for all your help.Kind RegardsNeal

All the best Neal. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.