Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I bought a life insurance over 20 years ago. Since then it

I bought a life insurance over 20 years ago. Since then it has changed companies several times and at first was for £25,000. It also had a nice cash in figure if I wished to do so. Since then it has devalued as it was stocks and shares based. If I die it would now be worth £18,800 but if I cashed it in it stands at -£261.
I pay 31.47 a month into this. Is there some way I can claim some of the money that has been lost or paid into the account as I feel that it has been mismanaged?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you made a complaint at all please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie,
No not as yet.
Like I said I just had the annual report and was shocked at the cash in amount.
I was going to ask Citizens Advice but the advert for you came up first so I thought lets see what you can do or advise me to do.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I would write to the Company and make a formal complaint. They will investigate the matter and report back to you. If they do not uphold your complain then and only then can you complain to the Financial Ombudsman.

They offer a free, independent service and can investigate your complaint at: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

They can look to see if you have been mis-sold or its been mismanaged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay that gives me a direction on what I can do thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!