Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been seperated for 15 years how do i go about getting

i have been seperated for 15 years how do i go about getting a divorce and how much will it cost there is no children involved
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Given the long separation you can rely on the fact of 5 year separation and you do not require your spouses consent for this - you just need to demonstrate that she is aware of the proceedings.

Given the relatively straightforward nature due to the long separation, you can pursue this yourself and the court fee is £550. You can see the exact guidance and the forms to pursue the divorce here: https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you