Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have lost my solicitor and i have to appear in court(civil

Customer Question

i have lost my solicitor and i have to appear in court(civil case) next month on the 24th october. i don't feel that i can represent myself properly, is it possible to ask the court for an extension or postponement to enable me to find/appoint another solicitor.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What type of matter is it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my solicitor is unable to represent me in court on the 24th october and i had to sign a form to represent myself. i do not believe i can do this properly. can i ask the court for an extension/postponement to enable me to hire another solicitor.
and if so how do i do this
regards
glenn
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Its over a month, can't you get representation within that time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have spoke to a solicitor and it is a three day hearing with alarge case bundle
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

what type of case?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
civil case two familes
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You already have the bundle? In which case a month should be long enough to get the case transferred to another Solicitor and then brief a Barrister.

A month is a very long time. The Barrister will only need a few days to prepare the file.

If you want an adjournment you have to make a formal application to the Court. You can't just write in. You need to make an application

But in reality a month is plenty of enough time to have someone prepare the case for you, especially if the bundle has already been prepared.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
glenn ***** 01622 843674
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I will call you shortly Glenn.