12826847

I inherited a classic car from my late husband in 2008 i

Customer Question

I inherited a classic car from my late husband in 2008 i believe it is stored in a locked garage, the owner of the garage uses her property as a holiday home. I want to recover my car i have contacted the police who said it was a civil matter i have approached the neighbour who is my daughter in law by marriage we are not on great terms and she said it was nothing to do with her, the council are unable to assist me due to data protection laws, i have written a letter to the owner in the hope it would get redirected but it hasnt. Im in a difficult position as my only option seems to be breaking in and at the risk of causing damage. I would be grateful if i could be advised of my standing legally.
Many thanks Louse Ellis
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

In short you are being refused access Louise? What reason is given, save for its nothing to do with the owner of the garage?