13262538

My Father was in the Royal Engineers for 22 years. My Mother

My Father was in the Royal Engineers for 22 years. My Mother and Father divorced in 1992 after being married for over 24 years. My Father then remarried in 1994 and was married up until his death on 10/08/2016. My question is, is or was my Mother entitled to any part of my Fathers pension?
Lorraine Polley
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I am happy to wait for an answer. Thank you
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that in 1992 there was no legal provision for pension sharing and when the changes came they were not backdated.

The only way this oculd be dealt with was by trying to give extra capital - which was not always possible

Accordingly your mother had and has no claim on your late father's pension

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you so much for all your helpRegardsLorraine