Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was offered a Z** franchise online, i signed a contract

i was offered a Z** franchise online, i signed a contract with this company based in Dubai called Ama**a Glo*** C**********, i paid an up front fee for the opening of the franchise, they cancelled the contract and refuse to refund the money paid up front.
I contacted Z** Head office in London, they said they have no Businnes or authorise Ama** Glo*** to sell any franchise, i think this is a scam. I sent them an email asking for the money they stating on of their managers done a runner with the company funds what is the best advise.
Carlos
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello Carlos my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How did you pay the franchise fee please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I paid for the franchise via bank transfers.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ama** glob** co********* are Nigerians, and Parkistans, they used Za** Company to fraud people, Za** doesnt want to know about fraudlents using the brand as a scam

How did you pay the fee though? So Za** is saying it's noting to do with them?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I contacted them they were not much of a help

How did you pay the franchise fee?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Paid via bank transfers

Ok. The bad news is this is a scam. Where did you send the money? Abroad or U.K.?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Abroad to Dubai

Thanks. The reality is the money is lost. U.K. Judgments are not recognised in Dubai. Therefore even if you were able to get a judgment it could not be enforced over there as there is no agreement to allow enforcement.

Za** uk is not responsible as it appears it was not authorised. They did not use a U.K. Bank account so you can't even get a U.K. Freezing order.

Your options are limited, all your can do is report this to the police and action fraud, there is nothing more you can do.

If you had placed the funds in Escrow you would have been ok. If you had paid by credit card then your card issuer would have been jointly liable under the consumer credit act and you could get a refund.

But the reality is sadly you have lost your money.

I am very sorry that this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today Please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
One translation was made in to an American bank, I presume it is all lost.

Sadly yes. I am so sorry but this is the reality.

Can I clarify anything else?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the help

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!