Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a daughter with an ex partner my ex didn't want me to

Customer Question

I have a daughter with an ex partner my ex didn't want me to have contact. In the end as I felt my ex would cause problems for me and my daughter I decided not to have contact. Oh I've suffered but enough is enough. The last time I saw my daughter was at an access visit when she was 18 months of age . She now is 25 . What would my next step be or one of your suggestion. Andi
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Given her age she is no longer a child and the courts will not get involved with ordering arrangements for contact. The mother no longer has a say in this matter and it would be for you to contact your daughter directly to make arrangements to attempt reconciliation of your relationship

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.