13262538

How can we repay charges applied to property via the land

How can we repay charges applied to property via the land registry when my husband was ill and could not repay money owed.? I have only today discovered this during the process of making wills. How should we go about it?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about what has happened please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We wanted to to arrange a tenants in common agreement - we don't have a mortgage - and we were sent, along we draft paperwork a copy of the land registry entry regarding our property. One was for a water bill, which I paid a long time ago. The other two, a credit card and business bank account. All three of these are in my husbands name.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Do you have the funds to settle the debts now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
one debt may even have a PPI claim attached to it, as we couldn't claim it at the time.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

In that case you simply contact the companies and ask for up to date statements and then pay them off and ask for the Charging Orders to be dischargedIf the creditor does not give you a Certificate of Satisfaction then you can ask the court form one by writing and including evidence of payment.

You can then send the Certificate and the applictaion to the Land Registry

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details