I am a British citizen who emigrated to New Zealand in 2008.

Customer Question

I am a British citizen who emigrated to New Zealand in 2008. I came to UK in 2015 with my two children( one was born in UK and the other was born in NZ) to visit my mother. I had been diagnosed with a life threatening disease whilst in NZ and whilst on holiday in the UK I had a relapse. Consequently I was a very sick woman and was unable to travel back to NZ at my designated time; It is only now over a year after my arrival that there is a little stability to my health, but I am still undergoing intensive treatment.
So here is the problem my son traveled to UK on a NZ passport, stamped for 6 months. Due to everything that we were going through this has not been renewed. I have no idea what to do next. My son is 5 years old, is attending school and is settled here.
I have been told that I can get Britsh citizenship for him, then apply for a britsh passport. (We would like to travel in Dec depending on my health) or is there a type of visa I can get for him? Then apply for citizenship.
I anxiously await your reply.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm happy to wait as I do need a idea of my next steps. Please keep me updated.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 29 days ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Clare replied 29 days ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you bit I need some further information first

Are you still a British citizen?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 29 days ago.

Were you born in the Uk?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I was
Expert:  Clare replied 29 days ago.

Then your child is entitled to a British Passport and all you need to do is apply for one in the usual way

The form is here

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you for your advice and the link.
Expert:  Clare replied 27 days ago.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well