propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

I bought a car on friday 16th sept, drove it down to

I bought a car on friday 16th sept , drove it down to southampton on the monday19th,The car blew all the oil out through the air filter and wrecked the engine , Can i claim my money back ? £1615
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had to get car back to seller which cost £500. Also had garage report on car which cost £107,also had to hire car to get home which cost £160 .can i claim any of this back ?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 10 months ago.

Did you buy privately or from a trader?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Trader
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Lanarkshire car centre ltd. was the name of the company

The car should be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. If not, as is the case if your representation is accurate, then you can under the consumer rights act request a full refund.

You have a legal right to do this but you must do so within 30 days of the date of purchase.

The trader may try to swerve this and say your are only entitled to request that they repair the vehicle, if it still needs repair. You do not have to accept this provided that you reject the car as unsatisfactory and unfit for purpose within 30 days of the date of purchase.

In addition you can claim the out of pocket expenses from the trader. If the trader refuses you could potentially bring a claim in the small claims court.