31090051

I would like to raise a negligent misrepresentation case for

Customer Question

I would like to raise a negligent misrepresentation case for compensation and any potential damages against a large PLC company relating to a contract. They know I am not financially strong enough to fight them and disregard all evidence I have put forward to them in an attempt to resolve in some way. Is it possible to find an English based lawyer who would consider taking on my case on a no win no fee basis although it would be Scottish courts and the amount OF MY LOSSES ARE AROUND £700,000.
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

English lawyers cannot practice as lawyers in Scotland and they have no right of audience before the Scots courts. I am a lawyer in Scotland. We don't tend to take on commercial cases on a no win no fee basis. Your options would be to pay for the case to be advanced on your behalf, usually by instalments to make it easier for you, to see if you and the case qualifies for legal aid or to do the case yourself. What is the case about and how have you quantified it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You have answered the question ,thank you. I have what I think is evidence that the company negligently misrepresented us with regards ***** ***** decontamination project. They have caveats in the contract regarding potential contamination of highly explosive NC. They provided us with decontamination records regarding a plant we purchased for but was found to be severely contaminated which we can prove 100% as we has a written statement from their engineering manager acknowledging this fact. We were also exposed to a very near fatal explosion on their site involving four of my employees. This was investigated by The HSE and we were found not to have been at fault but they exposed us to that circumstance. The result of the cot
Amination has cost us £700.000 as we were unable to sell on for reuse any of the plant we purchased as it subjected to fire due to the contamination.
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

If I can clarify anything else, let me know. In the meantime please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time. I suspect this case would be suitable for the commercial court either in the Court of Session or the sheriff court.