13262538

I have just had my csa arrangement case closed and am

I have just had my csa arrangement case closed and am required to come to agreement with my ex or have cms arrange a new one.
My two children are 17 and 19, I have offered to my ex to pay the children directly even beyond 20 and into their university years.
She has said she is not happy with either this or cms arranging maintenance and says she is taking me to court.
Can she legally go through court and make me pay her for the kids into their 20s and through university?
Also since she is not working would she likely get legal auto do so.
Many thanks for any advice with this.
John
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When will your youngest turn 18?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare
Its July 2017
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your ex cannot take court action at all.

Her only option if no agreement is reached is the CMS assessment which will end when each child finishes secondary education.

After that time only the children themselves could take court action if you did not help support them - and they would have to show that their income form all sources (including a part time job) did not match their essential living costs

Payment would be made directly to the child in question

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.