How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 623
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a 4.5 acre field and have been letting someone use it

Resolved Question:

I have a 4.5 acre field and have been letting someone use it to rear some quail and keep laying hens. He recently agreed to "move on" because other people were becoming involved and he did not want to get involved in a shared agricultural scheme. Also he and his brother were making some money doing house clearances but were accumulating junk and rubbish. The planning department also wrote to me following a complaint about the three caravans and general rubbish and non agricultural materials in the field. Recently he has become hostile, burnt down his caravans and taken his poultry and items of value but left his rubbish. I gave in notice to leave and started to clear the field myself but now he want's money for the scrap metal I have cleared. Following the burning of caravans and threat to give him money I gave him two weeks notice. He responded by dumping more rubbish. I have contacted the police and they say it is a civil matter and have advised me to seek legal advice and right to him via recorded delivery to clarify that he no longer has access to the field or my property. I asked him to return his padlock key. He would have received the letter in the last 2 days. Today he has entered my field, dumped more rubbish and taken the padlock.
What can I do to
1) Stop him and his friends going to the field.
2) recover my costs of clearing the fields
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you reported the rubbish dumping to the council please?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The police have been down the field with me this afternoon. They said that as it is not public land the Council will not be able to help.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

It's fly tipping. You can get a solicitor to write and ask him to remove it, stop doing it or give you the cost of removal.

If he refuses you can issue proceedings using form n1

The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to give you compensation and to stop him doing this.

If the court makes the order and he breaches it. This could be contempt of court which he can be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 623
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thank you. That is very helpful.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice