Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have several marks on my credit rating due to a very

I have several marks on my credit rating due to a very catalogue debt. They are relating to late payments of under 30 days. I have been through my bank statements and looked at the payments that have been made. These have been paid slightly late but I have also made many over payments. I have worked out the average payments over 5 months and it averages £72.14 per month instead of the minimum payment of around £15. Is there a way to correct this credit rating or any solicitors that deal with this kind of problem.
Hayley
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 12 months ago.

Hello Hayley my name is ***** ***** I will help,you with this.

Do you accept the payments were late or under the minimum please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jamie,The payments were late (always paid in the month they were supposed to be) but never under the minimum payment. They were always substantially over the minimum payment which is why I think I may have grounds to get these removed off my credit score. Is this right?Thanks
Hayley

It's bad news I am afraid. If they were always late, ie beyond the pay by date it makes no difference how big they were, it is recorded as being late.

Factually I am sorry to say this is accurate. That is because you were late. Even if uounwere one day late this means they can report it as so.

Your only option is to complain to the information commissioner to see if they can amend your report. They offer a free, independent service at www.ico.gov.uk

But if it's accurate it may be hard.

I am sorry if this is not the Answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Jamie,Thanks for the advise.Its not what I wanted to hear but I will have to accept what you have said and take it as a lesson learned!Do you think it is worth approaching the lender to have a chat regarding this? Would they be able to take these marks back off my credit file?Thanks
Hayley

Yes I would and indeed they can if they are minded to do so. But legally they don't have to.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it does.Thanks for your help!Regards
Hayley

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
will do.

Thanks and have a good weekend.