Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My brother lives with me.I am his sister.he has become

My brother lives with me.I am his sister.he has become unwell and is in hospital. He has not wrote a will.I cannot afford to pay for his funeral if anything happens to him. I'm am confused as to whether to get a will form or do an attorney's letter. Could you please explain what to do, many thanks
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, what you should do here is to get a solicitor to attend at your brother in hospital and get the solicitor to draft a will for him. There is no such thing as a will form. Nor is there any such thing as an attorney's letter. Instead, you need to get the solicitor to attend and get the will signed and witnessed in hospital. The solicitor can take your brother's instructions and immediately draft a will and get it signed and witnessed there in hospital. That is how to handle this situation, as otherwise your brother might die without making a will.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not receive payment for answering your question.