Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I've separated/ divorced with my partner and we draw a

I've separated/ divorced with my partner and we draw a consent order where matrimonial house is for her and buy yo let property for myself. The order was approved by the judge in court
I've managed to change the title on the house/ buy to let on my sole name and now I'm planning to sell it to repay my debts.
The buy to let I got was in negative equity during the settlement/ consent order which I've managed to overturn
My question is: is it my ex-partner entitle to the profit after sale to my buy to let property as her name is ***** ***** on mortgage papers?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please double check your consent order - it would usually have a clause that prevents both of you making claims against the other and if that is included she will npt be entitled to make a claim for further financial relief despite the increase in value, unless there was misrepresentation or fraud from you in the proceedings which would have led to a different outcome to the settlement.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you