12826847

How after a house has been built can a neighbour dispute the

Customer Question

How long after a house has been built can a neighbour dispute the boundary of a house? The reason I ask my parents have lived in their home for over 40 years. There neighbour has this summer put a line with paint on my parents property where he says the gable end of his cottage should be seen. I think it is all very petty and his approach was very threatening. The properties are in a terrace row and his family have owned the cottage since the 70's no mention of this has ever been raised before.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 10 months ago.

I'm a barrister, I think I can help.

Was there anything to mark your parents boundary prior to the line? i.e. a fence or a wall.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is a wall in the garden across a small path I have never looked to see if it is aligned with the end of the house. It's something I've never thought about before. Until my mum showed me the paint line yesterday. I guess my question is if it isn't, could the neighbour do anything given the time lapse of over 40 years since the otriginal build, If they are not aligned? I can't imagine it's by much but I would have to check this.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi yes I can wait
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,