12826847

What are the steps necessary to remove a lien please?

Customer Question

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was married and had a 3 bed flat in my name and he had a 1 bed flat in his name. During the marriage, he re-mortgaged my property for approx. £66K and lied as to the reasons for this. In the divorce, I requested this money be repaid and this was granted with a lien. Since then, 2 of our 4 children have chosen to go and live with him and the strain on family relations has been immense and extremely difficult, so I'm considering removing the debt to try to improve matters. I need to know what the steps are in doing this, costs involved, time required to process this and apart from losing the debt owed, whether there are any further consequences to me that I need to know before doing anything please.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I thought this was a commercial lien. I will opt out in favour of another expert.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Which part of the UK are you in?