propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Iv just received a letter for applications to register a

Hello iv just received a letter for applications to register a restriction against the land I sign up with creditfix Ltd last September to help with my debts and iv been paying £80 each mth to the company am I bit confused why iv received this letter
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of the letter which you can attach to a message via the paperclip icon?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the letter with me now

Good, do you agree to attach it to a message so I can read it?

Need further information which may be in the letter. What agreement did you reach with this company in respect of your debts? Any written agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With creditfix we agreed that I would pay £80 a mth and it would be reviewed ever year and the debt to be paid over 5 years and I would then be debt free so I was shocked to receive this letter as iv not sure how this works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iv think iv sent you the document but not to sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive the document? ??

What creditfix are doing is putting a restriction on your property. This has the effect of preventing the registration of any dealings, I.e sale, mortgage, lease, secured loan, without first obtaining a court order.

The only way to get the order will be to settle the debt in full.

What arrangement did you enter into with creditfix? Did they make you aware of this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you am going threw all my documents at the moment iv email creditfix but I will be ringing them tomorrow but thank you again

It is a letter from the Land Registry. Informing you of the restriction. Apparently as part of your IVA you have agreed to your assets being charged which includes your interest in the property.

I explained the purpose and implications of the restriction above.

Any dealing will need to be with creditfix as a copy party.

You may with to ask them why they are doing this now when the IVA was entered into a year ago.

Do let me know if you have any further questions or queries. I am happy to assist further. Please can I kindly request that you accept /positive rate my assistance otherwise the website will not pay me. Many thanks.