Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If I move out what will happen to the mortgage. The house is

Customer Question

If I move out what will happen to the mortgage. The house is under my name and so is the mortgage.
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your further question. You will remain solely liable for the mortgage and unless there is agreement between you she has no obligation to pay it and therefore there will be a risk that there will be arrears. You should therefore consider pursuing a court application usimg Form A and a £255 court fee to deal with the finances alongside the divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think she have hired a solicitor but then she haven't called for mediation. Can she take the case forward either for divorce or finance or child custody without calling for mediation.
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

She can pursue a divorce without mediation. In relation to the financial and children matters, all she needs to do is attend a mediation information session, and if the mediator does not think mediation is appropriate she can be signed off and pursue a court application regarding both.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
In that case how long will it take for me to be notified that she have taken case to court from the start of her openING of case
Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

She should be informing you immediately by serving the documents once they are issued by the court.