Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

If a solicitor fails a case, must he submit any

Customer Question

If a solicitor fails a case, must he submit any correspondence he has about the case to another solicitor
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear you have moved Solicitor and want to transfer the file?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I tripped over a drain 37mm above the ground breaking my jaw, bruising knees, sternum and chest, plus cut chin and smashed fingers. The solicitor challenged Tendring District Council for compensation, but their answer was my injury was insigniificant. As the solicitor failed to get any recompence I approached two more solicitors, but they have refused the case because the first will not submit the correspondence he had with the council. So, can he do this or how do I get someone to take this case on?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 28 days ago.

Was this on a no win no fee?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
unfortunately, I think he wants to be paid for the work he had done on this case.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

Ok. Well the new Solicitors should take on the case if they give an undertaking they will pay his charges if you win,

If he refuses then you can complain to the Legal Ombudsman

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint at:

But generally if your new Solicitor gives an undertaking the files should be released. As a matter of law the files remain the property of the Solicitor until they are paid, which is why your new Solicitor would need to give an undertaking.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It seems apparent that the two new solicitors I approached to deal with this case are not interested as the second solicitor did write to the first, but were not prepared to pay his fee and the next refused to take on the work. Having taken your information I feel I will now have to approach the Ombudsman before this matter revolves another circle and another solicitor cannot or is not prepared tp take on this case or can you advise another course to take?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 27 days ago.

In reality any other Solicitor is going to want to see what correspondence has taken place.

Good luck and I wish you all the best. Remember go to the Ombudsman

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 24 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.