12826847

I am renting my house and have had a tenant for several

Customer Question

I am renting my house and have had a tenant for several years without major issues but he has been struggling to pay rent for last 10 months due to job loss, the rent has been late over this time and July August and September is currently owed.
I tried to evict on advice of agent in March 2016 under section 8 but was rejected due to legal changes to section 8.
There is currently a section 21 served which expired on 21/09/16, his current lease also expired 21/09/16.
Citizen Advice and the council has advised to stay in the house despite this.
I have had one mortgage payment bounce back due to lack of rent, my family are helping to pay mortgage to help me out but they cannot afford to continue.
The house has been placed on the market as I need to sell it, the tenant is being awkward about viewings., he also avoids the agent's attempts to contact him so we are not getting any updates on his situation.
This is not a good situation for anyone involved, I cannot afford to pay the mortgage with no rent nor can I sell with him in the house.
Where do we go next ? How can I resolve this problem ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

On what basis did you try to evict and why was it rejected and by whom?