12826847

Are "squatters rights" relevant to the many cases of private

Customer Question

Are "squatters rights" relevant to the many cases of private roads where the original developer of 80 years ago had no further interest after selling the plots off?
All the freeholds have a covenant to maintain the road which has been continuously carried out. Obviously the developers might have made wills disposing of all their wordly goods but extremely unlikely to have specifically mentioned the road. I take it this means that a long string of relatives have unknowingly inherited ownership - some may have died intestate. A nearby road started on such a search but soon realized that the costs would be extreme.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, the developer still owns the land? Has it been fenced off for your use or anything?