How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3994
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

If I sign my half of my home over to my husband will the

Resolved Question:

If I sign my half of my home over to my husband will the council house me ?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you currently living in your own property please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I have left , I am staying with my brother but to avoid my elderly husband having to move I am willing to give him my half of the property, providing the council will house me
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

No they wont. This is because if you have a property and chose not to live in it, then sign it over, you are deemed to be made intentionally homeless.

As such that means the council have no right to give you a house.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply, I think I knew the answer but just wanted clarification. many thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Sorry its not better news.

Related Law Questions