Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

I bought my son and partner a balloon ride. They have booked

Customer Question

I bought my son and partner a balloon ride. They have booked a flight 7 times and each time has been cancelled because of adverse weather conditions. Cancellations are made in a window prior to take off (11.00pm for morning flights; 3.00pm for afternoon flights). T&Cs state that the flight is non refundable and do point out issue of bad weather. Clearly flying conditions have to be safe. However taking into the cost of travel from their home in London to Bath, this has become an expensive treat. Are the T&Cs reasonable and enforceable.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

To be clear are you saying they should have flown?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hi. They have come to Bath on 3 occasions and each time the flight has been cancelled hours before take off because of adverse weather conditions. Since then my wife and other daughter in law have tried on 4 other occasions and the flight have been cancelled at short notice. While safety is paramount, having to commit to future dates is not easy and also adds to the cost of getting to Bath. Have we made reasonable attempts to comply even though the company T&Cs states that the flights are non refundable. The cost of the tickets were about £300. I can send T&Cs.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 25 days ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

You can't claim the costs of getting to Bath but for the ballon ride.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 22 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.